Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What Shampoo and Conditioner I use to wash my hair

As a hairstylist I get asked what shampoo/conditioner I use frequently...
I use all Aveda products for Shampoo and Conditioning.

Shampoo Cleansing
The Shampoo I use is called Madder Root. Madder Root is for maintaining the red color in my hair. It is for red and rich based tones. It has a wonderful smell. One of my favorites of Aveda products. I love that Aveda's products are plant based and healthier for your hair, naturally.

Conditioner Cocktail
The Conditioners I use are Madder Root, which deposits red color on my hair to keep the red in. I focus this conditioner on my bangs and front part of my hair where it is highlighted red. Dry Remedy, which is a moisturizing treatment masque with buriti oil. It penetrates dry, brittle hair with long- lasting moisture. The final conditioner, Sun Care. Sun Care  is a after sun hair masque. It restores and helps repair sun exposed hair.

My hair care is very specific and tailored to my hair needs. I asked one of the top product experts in the field as to which were best recommended for the type of hair I have and color.
Since I color my hair red, Madder Root was the obvious choice for Shampoo & Conditioner. Because my hair is naturally dry and damaged from highlighting that is where Dry Remedy comes in. And I add in Sun Care because I run frequently in the hot California sun. So I want to protect my hair against the harmful UV rays as much as I can. I also want my color to last as long as possible. I leave in the conditioners at least 20 minutes or more. I use all three conditioners at the same time. Madder Root on the front, Dry Remedy on the ends and Sun Care on the crown and front. Combing through with a wide tooth comb for even application.

I don't wash my hair every day. I have medium to thick hair that is dry so I wash every few days. I don't want to over wash because it will dry out my hair. My hair needs the natural oils it produces. I have noticed a great difference in my hair since I have used Aveda products. My hair looks healthier, shinier, smells fantastic. I often receive compliments on the fragrance and overall look of my hair. I will talk about what products I use to style in a separate post.

If you are interested in the right Aveda haircare for your hair, specifically. I would head into the nearest Aveda stores or salons and ask someone to direct you in the right path. Just let them know how many times a week you wash, if you have color or a chemical treatment and your lifestyle. Also how you style your hair and with what. Visit the Aveda Website here.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Always remember that your face is what everyone sees first and you pay a lot to maintain beauty. Beauty never comes cheap. Drug store brands dry out your hair and strip all the oils. Trust me I can always tell by looks and touch of when someone uses a drug store brand. It feels very brittle. You want to maintain that salon look so use salon products. It's best for your hair. I don't skimp on skincare, dental or hair. It's all you've got. And it is harder to protect as you age. I started young. And people always think I look in my early 20's when I am actually in my early 30s. It is quite the compliment! :)

Love&hearts,
http://rachaelbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment