Thursday, February 16, 2012

Doll Head: Runway updo. Crimped & Spray gel.


The beginning. This is how the doll looked when I first started. Then a couple hours later...

It looked like this. Something I have never done or tried before.

I wanted to do something I had never done before and mix different textures.

I love volume and I love sleek. So I combined them. 
Deciding how to do the bangs or front section was the most perplexing.

I crimped the middle section and pinned. I wet and spray gelled the sides. Using the blow dryer to ensure it was smooth.

I incorporated a small section of gelled hair into the crimped part. 

I wanted there to be a distinct wet look and separate crimped look, together. 

I pin curled wet pin curls to dry at the base.
Using the blow dryer to speed up the set. & teased the bottom crimped part.

Got the front bump just right and proportioned. 

I used a french twist rolling pin roller for the middle section. It is by Conair.

Pinned a pin curl at the top

Final look.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment