Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dollhead: 1950's Vintage Curls

The inspiration video for my vintage hair look:
Actress: Lauren Bacall



Followed Cherry Dollface instructions! 

I decided to try this vintage curls look from Cherry Dollface's Youtube tutorials.
She has great vintage how-to's!
I love the way classic S waves look. And it very much does take lots of practice. 
I am still practicing.
It's about neat curls, direction, hair shaping, teasing, setting. Rollers, pin curls, pinned curls, bobby pins! Lots of good stuff. Don't give up! It will take time. And these looks take lots of patience. Not really a quick look. It is involved. I think the next time I try this look, I am going to use medium length hair. Long hair weighs the curls down too much. Try not to brush through hair too hastily. You will ruin the curls. Be gentle & good luck! :) 

First. Curled with a 1 inch marcel and pinned.



Hair spray over the entire head. A few times.

Cooled to set curls.

Took out the clips and combed with fingers.



brushed with paddle brush lightly. Holding the bottom of the curl while you comb & shape.

The back wasn't too great. Should have pinned. It's too long.

I added a flower and glasses.

Teased the first section of the bangs and shaped to the side. 
Hair Sprayed! Final look.




Enjoy my video of the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment