Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who is Rachael Beauty?

Photo by Albany Katz


A few days ago on Facebook someone asked me which girl I was on my profile. He couldn't tell right away because I had so many pictures. Different pictures of different models and of myself and friends. At first I was wondering how is it not obvious who I am from my profile? Then I began searching around my pictures and albums. It did seem a bit confusing because I am not branding myself enough on my profile! I want it clear and direct about who I am online in every way possible  If someone can't tell what my profession is and they have access to my personal and professional pictures then I need to change the way I present myself online. I am glad he mentioned this, as no one else has. He wasn't in the beauty business, which is why it is even more important to me. 

Mackenzie's avant-garde hair and makeup look by Rachael Beauty

So, let me introduce myself properly. I am Rachael Beauty, a creative hair stylist/designer from Los Angeles, California. I specialize in make overs, updos, styling, blow-outs, haircuts, & editorial, avant-garde looks. I am dedicated to my craft and approach beauty with a degree of professionalism and tact. I enjoy working together as a team.  I like to achieve the best results with technique and style. Not taking short cuts, even if it means it takes a little longer. The end result is far more superior than if I simply cut corners. No pun intended. :)

Pilar's contemporary victorian look. I used a wand curler then pinned to set. 
Finished with hair spray and teased.

I graduated from Aveda Institute Los Angeles in the summer of 2011. I am a licensed cosmetologist for the state of California. I am open-minded on techniques and I love learning and trying new things. I have a great sense of humor and am very social and people friendly. I love to network online and in person. I have many goals and plans for my future in the hair & beauty business.

Sandra & her plum & lavender Avant-garde hair piece. 
I used 3 different colors of extensions and braided and pieced together as a semi crown on top. 

I take my work seriously and I love what I do. I love beauty. 
If you would like to check out my portfolio you can do so at: RachaelBeauty.com
There you will find various projects, photo shoots that I have been apart of. If you would like to contact me for a project of your own, there is a contact section on the website. 


You can look at some of my rates here, some are negotiable. http://www.styleseat.com/rachaelbeauty

Big teased hair with lots of volume.             Model: Jackie Kalinowski

I also excel at social media. Brand presence, visibility, audience and community development are my specialties. If you have no idea what that means and just have a Facebook account to promote your business then you probably need to talk to me. The internet is a shift in communication and it isn't going anywhere. 
I am new in creating my brand for Rachael Beauty. I know exactly what I have to do. Most requires trial and error of various techniques online. It's a learned habit that comes gradually over time. 

Get to know your clients, listen to their needs and respond in a friendly way; not as someone simply trying to sell them something. Stand out. Care. The rewards will come.

 
Majestic Red Goddess & Peacock Princess 

Trying not to sound too much like a résumé, but my work is my passion and I love making beautiful things come to life. Have a lovely day and thank you for reading. 

Love&etc,
Rachael Beauty


On location in the Salton Sea, CA with model Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment